Make an Impact Today - Rutgers Giving Day
December 1, 2015
Members of the Rutgers Community:
Today, December 1, you have a chance to make an impact on the University by participating in the first-ever Rutgers Giving Day. All day long the University community will be challenging alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends to make a gift to support Rutgers. There will be daylong competitions among schools and programs to generate the greatest amount of philanthropic support, as well as hourly social media challenges, where your support for your favorite Rutgers schools, units, and programs can help them win bonus dollars for their causes. Our goal will be to collect at least 1,500 new gifts during this 24-hour period, known across the nation as Giving Tuesday.
Be a part of a special day for Rutgers—a chance for our community to come together in common cause, to provide much-needed financial support for Rutgers’ vital mission as a vibrant public research university serving New Jersey and the world. To symbolize the value of our donors’ generosity, 1,500 small red gift boxes will be distributed to students at Rutgers University–New Brunswick, Rutgers University–Newark, Rutgers University–Camden, and Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences. Each gift box will contain a call to action, asking students to perform an act of kindness in honor of Rutgers Giving Day and, if possible, to make a gift to the Rutgers cause that means the most to them.
Here are some ways you can get involved today:
· Visit GivingDay.Rutgers.edu to participate in the action, keep track of our progress, and make a gift to your favorite Rutgers school or program. Schools and programs at each university location will be competing for a share of $80,000 in challenge funds—so make a gift to help your favorite school or program rank higher on the leaderboard.
· Post about Rutgers Giving Day on social media using #RUGivingDay. Be sure to participate in the fun social media challenges for chances to win support for your favorite Rutgers school or program
· Visit Giving Day events at Rutgers—Camden (12 noon-4 p.m., Student Center), Rutgers—Newark (11 a.m.-3 p.m., Student Street in the Paul Robeson Campus Center), Rutgers—New Brunswick (12 noon-4 p.m., Food Court area of the College Avenue Student Center and the Busch Student Center, International Lounge), and RBHS (12 noon-2 p.m. at New Jersey Medical School lobby and 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. at the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine lobby).
· Show your Rutgers pride by signing up to be a social media ambassador through Scarlet Voice.
· Visit GivingDay.Rutgers.edu to participate in the special hourly social media challenges, giving you another chance to gain support for the schools and programs that matter most to you. There is $20,000 available to award to schools, units, and programs through these challenges.
Rutgers faculty and staff members can also make a gift via payroll deduction in support of Giving Day by visiting http://support.rutgers.edu, or by calling 732-839-GIVE (4483).
Don’t miss out on an amazing, transformative event happening right now. Make an impact. Give through Rutgers—and do it today.